Updated April 5, 2021
- the Conference
- the Conference websites and their related subdomains including those pertaining
- to registration for attendance at the Conference;
- the Conference app;
- online surveys relating to the Conference;
- messages sent via the Conference support; and
- the Conference official social media channels.
2. Information we collect
When we provide the Services, we collect and receive information in several different ways. In many cases, you choose what information to provide, although some information is required for us to provide you the Services.
2.1 Directly from you, or approved third parties.
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source.
- Attendee registration information. When you register to attend a Conference, you must provide us with basic information such as name, address, email address. We also give you the option to provide additional information.
- Payment and credit card information. When purchasing tickets to attend a Conference, you must provide us with your name, address, email address, credit card, debit card or bank information. This information will only be shared with third parties such as our ticketing partner, Stripe, who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction.
- Conference Platform & App profile information. To attend a Conference, you are offered to download a Conference app. You will have the option of providing us with additional profile information in the Conference app, such as name and email address, interests, etc. Certain profile information may be included on our Featured Attendees page. This information will only be shared with third parties such as our event partner, Hubilo.
- Conference survey responses. We may ask you to participate in optional surveys regarding your experience at the Conference in order to help us improve the event and for related commercial purposes.
- Third party social media accounts. If you choose to connect your social media account(s) with the Conference app, we may receive certain information from that account, such as your title, picture, and other information you authorize. We may use your friends or connections lists to make recommendations in the Conference app, for example to suggest mutual connections.
- Call recordings. We may contact you for the purposes of sales, investment, or in the context of your past or future attendance at or participation in a Conference. In certain cases, we may record such calls for our legitimate interests in staff training and development.
2.2 From your browser or device.
We automatically collect certain information from your browser or device when you use certain Services or read a message from us.
For example, we collect:
- data regarding the device you are using, such as its unique identifier and operating system; logs will be recorded by our servers based on the information sent from your app or browser;
- information automatically as you navigate through the site using cookies and other tracking technologies. (Information collected automatically may include usage details, email address, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies).
3. How we use your information
We use your information in order to provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including:
3.1 Providing and improving the requested Services.
3.2 Communicating with you.
We use your personal information to contact you regarding your registration to attend or speak at a Conference, to notify you of any changes to our policies and practices, for commercial, sales purposes, and to respond to any requests or inquiries you may submit to us. If you subscribe to marketing, such as newsletters, we will use your information as described below. We may collect information from these communications to improve our Services and for the training and development of our staff.
If you opt-in to receiving marketing communications from us, we will use your personal information for outreach and marketing, such as to send you information about our future Conferences and to exhibit attending companies. You can opt-out of these communications by using the unsubscribe links in our communications. We may also use your information in order to market the Conferences. For example, we sometimes use your image in our published list of Conference attendees. If you want to object to this use, please contact us here at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.5 Combining your data for personalised direct marketing.
To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data gathered across our cookies, form submissions, chat functionality on our websites and from the app, for example when you request to receive email communications from us. In order to do this we also combine the data that we collect directly from you with data that we obtain from third parties to whom you have given your consent to pass that data onto us. These third parties include Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin. If that combination permits you to be identified, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data for as long as it is combined.
4. Legal bases for processing your information
- when necessary to perform the Terms and Conditions or to provide you with the Services;
- where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
- when necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of an emergency;
- where you have made the information manifestly public;
- where necessary in the public interest; and
- where necessary for the purposes of our, your, or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of partners or other attendees or volunteers.
5. Our legitimate interests
As indicated above, in certain cases we use your information where necessary to pursue our, your and others’ legitimate interests, including where necessary to:
- Keep the Services safe and secure. We use your information as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, or those of our attendees, our volunteers or our partners in ensuring the Conference is a safe and secure event, such as enforcing our Terms and Conditions. We also act in the legitimate interests of these parties with respect to our Conference website, app and other Services, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- Provide, develop and improve the Services. We process your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in improving the Conference and our other Services, such as our Conference websites. For example, we use your information in order to conduct access control and enforce security at the Conferences. We also use your information to conduct data analysis and analytics across our Services. In certain cases, and where you have not objected, we may record sales and other calls to you for our business interests in the training and development of our staff.
- Market the Services. We process your information in accordance with our legitimate interests of marketing the Conference and the Services to you. For example, we use your information to market future Conferences to you and to exhibit attending companies. We may also use your image in our marketing materials in order to highlight the attendees participating in the Conferences. We also use photos and audio-visual footage from past Conferences which may contain your image or voice. If you want to exercise your right to object to any of these uses please email us at email@example.com.
6. Sharing with third parties
6.1 Sharing with other attendees.
Our Services, such as the Conference Platform and App, is provided in partnership with Hubilo. It provides attendees with the means of making connections with other attendees. For example, the profile information that you choose to provide us will be accessible to other attendees of the Conference.
In order to further our legitimate interests in marketing the Services, we rely on third-party marketing platforms and service providers to assist us and perform certain marketing services for us.
6.4 Third party service providers.
We may share your personal information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. These third parties provide us with services including for customer support, data storage and website hosting, ticketing and payments processing, virtual event hosting, legal advice and compliance, and marketing and data analysis. These third parties are contractually required to use it only to provide their service to us, and prohibited from using it for their own purposes.
6.5 Legal and safety reasons.
We may retain, preserve, or share your personal information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to (a) respond, based on applicable law, to a legal request (such as, a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other request from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Terms and Conditions or any other agreements we have with you; or (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including yourself and members of the general public.
6.6 Aggregated information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, such as counts of attendee job titles or their affiliated companies, with companies we do business with, including our advertisers, partners as well as other organisational members.
7. Data retention
8. Your rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information that we process. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below.
8.1 Access and Porting.
You can access much of your information by logging into your Conference profile. If you require access to additional information, or you do not have a Conference profile, please contact us. Where legally required, we will provide your information in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring some of this information to third parties.
9.2 Rectify, Restrict, Delete.
You can amend, update and delete some of your information by logging into your Conference profile. If you don’t have a Conference profile, or want us to amend, update or delete other information, please contact us.
Where we process your information based on the legitimate interests described above, or in the public interest, you can object to the processing in certain circumstances. We will generally stop processing your information unless we have compelling grounds to continue processing, such as where needed for legal reasons. Where we use your information for direct marketing, you can always object using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your profile settings or by contacting us. Where we inform you that we will record a call to you, we will provide you with the opportunity to object to such recording.
9.4 Revoke consent.
If we have specifically asked for your consent to use your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if we ask for your consent for direct marketing purposes, you can revoke your consent using the unsubscribe link in such communications, changing your profile settings or by contacting us.
If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We strive to use appropriate technical and organisational skills to protect your personal information. Despite these measures, the Internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that your personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed.
Attendees under 18 years of age may attend the Conference if accompanied by an adult or guardian, depending on the age of the attendee. You can find further information on our age limitations in our Terms and Conditions.
12. How can you stop the use of Personal data belonging to you for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
- In the conference event platform and app, you can manage your preferences and opt out from one or all of the different push notifications.
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
13. Policy Changes
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or your dealings with our website, please contact us here: email@example.com